Marshmallow,strawberry,blueberry and Greek yogurt !! What not to love?And what if they come together to make a gorgeous mousse.Light,fluffy,delectable,an oh! so yummy mousse!!This is the perfect ending to your summer barbecue afternoon lunch spread out.And what I have not mentioned yet is that it is an easy peasy dessert.With minimum number of ingredients and 10 minutes of cooking time ,this can easily be your favorite make ahead dessert for dinner parties.This is my second take on the French favorite dessert.The first attempt being the Egg-less Gondhoraj Lebu Mousse .
For the mousse..
125 gm Greek yogurt or hung curd
65 ml whole milk
A drop of vanilla extract or vanilla essence
80 gm strawberry or vanilla flavored marshmallow
Serves : 2
For the blueberry compote..
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Two teaspoon of lemon juice
How to make the mousse.. :
- Place the marshmallows,whole milk and yogurt in a deep vessel .
- Heat it gently on slow flame,stirring continuously until the marshmallows melt completely and all the ingredients are well combined.
- Remove the vessel from fire , as soon as the mixture starts looking like a slightly thick custard.
- Remember the mixture will thicken further when completely cooled.
- Cool the mixture at room temperature and transfer to the serving bowls.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1- 2 hours.
- Serve it with the blueberry compote or any other summer fruit compote of your choice,just before eating.
How to make blueberry compote..
- In a medium pot over low heat whisk together sugar,cornstarch ,lemon juice ,until the sugar melts completely and clumps are removed.
- Add half a cup of blueberries and cook for few minutes,until the mixture has slightly thickened with the blueberries are thoroughly cooked.
- Add another 1/2 cup of blueberries .
- Give them a gentle stir,not allowing the second batch of blueberries to break down completely like the first batch.
- Cool at room temperature, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Related posts :