The Great British Summer is here and how! We have been (so far! touch wood!!)blessed with a wonderful summer this year and we are making most of it,as long as it lasts.British countryside has so much to offer that we are practically hopping around almost every weekend .Fortunately we live in the neck of the wood of one of the most scenic places in UK,called Peak District,so all we need to do is to pack our picnic hampers,and zoom off for some 45 minutes to land up in some lush and scenic green.And how green and beautiful it is?..well check it out yourself!
Talking about summer and summer day outs,how can I not mention about my favorite summer fruit.You guessed it right.I love strawberries,and I love desserts too(as if it’s still not evident from the number of my desserts post!).With not much time to spend in the kitchen (why should I ,when the sun is out?)I decided to make these quick make-ahead petite strawberry cheesecake desserts to treat myself and my family.
Wow presentation- check
Do you still need reasons to make these beauties?
- Digestive biscuit or your choice of biscuit base -75 gm
- Butter – 25 gm,melted
- 250 gm cream cheese,soften
- 50 gm granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon strawberry essence
- 140 gm plain natural yogurt
- Strawberries, to decorate
- Melt butter in a pan over low heat.Crush the biscuits in a blender until they resemble bread crumbs.Mix the crumbs and the butter until the mixture is soft and moistened enough.Spoon equal portion of the mixture in 6 shot glasses.Lightly press down and leave to chill in the fridge.
- While pressing down your biscuit base,apply moderate pressure as excessive pressure can make the base extremely hard to spoon out.
- Beat the cream cheese, yogurt,strawberry essence and sugar together with a fork till the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the prepared shot glasses.Leave to chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours or until set.
- Top with a strawberry before serving.
Note : You can replace strawberry with other berries of your choice for this dessert.