The summer solstice is long gone and the summer school holidays have finally started here,which means in less than a month’s time we will be in the summer bank holidays which unofficially marks the end of summer.So there’s not much time in hand to enjoy and make most of the left over summer days.We are trying hard to catch up with the pace of summer ! But phew!! Last weekend when the sun was out, I thought of doing a bit of pampering to myself.Throughout the weekend this is what I did.Reading,eating,relaxing and repeat !
I made this cool and refreshing drink for two of us.All I did was hurl all my favorite fruity red(s) together into a glass pitcher and made one of the most refreshing yet low calorie beverage possible.I don’t know about you ,but my favorite summer red(s) are watermelon,strawberry and pomegranate.If I am not making a salad with them,I am making a dessert with them,and if I am not making a dessert I am making some cool ,refreshing drink with them.
Strawberry is my favorite smell ,whereas watermelon is one my most favorite summer fruit.Watermelon is not only sweet and refreshing on warm days,but it is also high on water content,which is fabulous for keeping you hydrated. A strawberry,watermelon,pomegranate drink was the order of the day.Whereas the flavors of lime and mint added the much needed twist to the otherwise sweet and fruity drink.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 litre water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup assorted red fruits* : watermelon chunk(de-seeded) ,strawberry,pomegranate
- 1/2 litre fresh watermelon juice
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- lime slices,a few
- crushed ice
- few mint leaves for garnish
How to make it :
- In a liquidizer blend the water,water melon juice , watermelon chunks,honey until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and crush ice and blend for a few seconds longer.
- Put the red fruits*and lime slices into a pitcher and pour the blended drink on top of the fruits.
- Coat the mint leaves with some honey and garnish it on top of the pitcher.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve,serve chilled.
Related posts :