Tiramisu -the classic Italian dessert is the coolest coffee trifle ever made.Delightful mascarpone cheese layered with espresso soaked sponge fingers with a touch of cognac or brandy.Coffee,cream and booze are possibly the best after dinner combination.But the moment I write cheese,sponge finger ,cognac or brandy in one sentence my mind gets clouded with guilt feeling.Is there a way I can eat something so delectable but not feel guilty? I kept thinking to myself while battling the thought of gaining a pound or two by indulging in such luscious luxuries.And this is what I came up with as solution.Skinny Tiramisu Smoothie.I substituted the rich mascarpone cheese with a much nutritious banana , low fat milk and vanilla yogurt along with two tablespoon cream cheese for that decadent smooth texture.
My cheat treat.Tiramisu smoothie well within 75 kcal per glass!! One hell of a tiramisu drink neatly poured in a glass.The feel good factor even enhanced with caramel drizzle on top.And I am good to go..errr drink my glass of skinny tiramisu smoothie.Oh! have I mentioned this is eggless too,which means the vegetarians out there can enjoy this treat as well.
- 1/2 of a chopped frozen banana
- 2 tbsp strongly brewed espresso coffee,cooled or 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1/2 cup fat free or low fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup 5% fat milk or skimmed milk
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 2tbsp cream cheese
- cinnamon powder,a pinch
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or essence
- caramel sauce,for drizzling (optional,but highly recommended)
- rum extract or essence,a drop (optional)
Serves : 2
- Place all the ingredients except caramel sauce in the blender.Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Pour in to a cooled glass and top it with your favorite caramel sauce.
- Serve chilled,enjoy!