”One-pot” meals are probably the best ever discoveries in the history of weeknight dinners.Fast,filling with minimum washing up to do.Just a few handy ingredients,a chopping board ,a knife, a skillet and a spatula is all that you require.And if you are just like me , and prefer minimum effort for maximum result,quick dinners on weeknights with just a skillet for washing in the sink then this is the perfect recipe for you.
There’s something so satisfying about chucking all the ingredients into one-pot and leaving them to meld into something uber-delicious,full of flavor and yet within 400 calories!!
We love sausages,be it chicken ,pork or a humble vegetarian version.So sometime I put them in pasta,sometime in rice or simply fried to the accompaniment of our favorite salad, or some rustic garlic bread. In short they are my key to quick fancy mid-week meals.In this recipe I have used the spicy smoked variety,which perfectly paired with other flavors and textures in the recipe.
The procedure of this recipe is fairly easy.Saute your favorite sausage with some garlic and onion .Then add your choice of vegetables,pasta,chicken broth(or water) and seasons.Add some cheese from the top and you are good to go!! Cooking time is less than 15 minutes!!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb smoked spicy pork sausage,sliced (or any other non vegetarian or vegetarian sausage of your choice)
1 cup diced onion
3-4 cloves of garlic,finely chopped
2 cup chicken broth( or warm water)
1 tablespoon red chili flakes
8 oz any dry pasta( any small variety of your choice)
Salt and pepper,to taste
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar or Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 cup green peas
1 cup ,green beans
Basil leaves,a few for garnish
- Add olive oil to the skillet ,over medium high heat.
- Add onion,saute a bit and add the sliced sausages,cook until light brown.Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetables(peas and beans), pasta,chicken broth or warm water,seasonings,chili flakes.
- Bring the mixture to a boil,reduce heat to low and simmer till the pasta is tender and cooked.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to the serving dish.
- Sprinkle cheese from the top ,put basil leaves from the top and serve.
- Makes about 4 servings.